Tuesday, May 14, 2013

10 things that makes me really happy

 photo credit

Alright, I’m still on the challenge. Day 14 of the challenge is 10 things that make me really happy.

Living in a country where Gross National Happiness (GNH) is the main development philosophy and is integrated in every aspect of Bhutan’s development, uneasiness creeps in me to define my version of happiness and list down 10 things that make me really happy. Bhutan truly believes in “GNH is important than GDP.” 

However, things are changing swiftly as the winds of modernization have swept in.
   
You can find more and more construction of buildings mushrooming everyday in every nook and corner of the capital, sleek cell phones are every body’s choice now and every new day you can find a posh car in the street. Families have less time for each other and every young worker aspires to travel to Australia for further studies and to work and earn money. 

Things are changing and with the booming of more materialistic minds in the Bhutanese, I wonder how sustainable will the development philosophy be. 

Well, these are just the thoughts of a naïve Bhutanese who truly fails to understand the philosophy of GNH. And I say, I do not wish to argue since happiness to me is purely subjective. 

So on a lighter note; here are the 10 things that make me really happy these days:
  1. Being very productive at work today. :) 
  2. Coming home after work and doing my daily dose of Pilates, I feel on top of the moon. 
  3. The thought of visiting Denmark soon makes me wonder so much about the place and I’m just counting my days. I’ve been googling a lot about Copenhagen, if you know about the place please do let me know. I’d be glad. :)
  4. Eating chapatti and kewa datshi for dinner. 
  5. Reading away to the night every day.
  6. Wearing nail paint and blogging about today’s challenge as it dries so perfectly, ah bliss! Is that two? 
  7. The spring shower, I’ve been quite looking forward to it.  
  8. My favorite cup of evening tea, I think I’ll collapse if I don’t have one. 
  9. Listening to Ugyen Pandey’s songs, I never dreamt that this guy would come this far. 
  10. The warm sun, finally it has become warmer in Thimphu.  

What makes you really happy? 


You can find my other version of happiness here.



2 comments:

  1. Great one Sas and please don't mind i will follow you and will read your writings and broaden my knowledge la

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are more than welcome to have you on board, please be my guest...happy to have you over this little baby of mine :)

      Delete

What do you have to say on the post that you just read?

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...