Saturday, December 29, 2012

Reminiscence of the year 2Ѻ12


So yet another year comes to an end in the next two days. And this reminds me a lot about myself. First thing first, the end of the year reminds me that I’m aging: P; that I’m yet to get married, bear kids, and do my Masters study, holy cow! There is still a lot to do in life now. 

I have taken a week off from work to celebrate Christmas holidays with my family and since then I have been glued to the heater to brave this bone chilling cold of Thimphu. BRRR…how I wish I could fit in the oven at this time of the year :P.
The entire day I sleep, eat, read and watch my favorite series only. Basically I have been eating, praying and loving as in the words of Elizabeth Gilbert in her book Eat, Pray and Love.   Those of you, who have not yet read that book, please do read it. I strongly recommend you. How interesting my life at the moment is, I’m totally basking in the glory of life. No work tensions and deadlines to meet, I am on a paid holidays which is an icing on the cake :). A perfect way to end the year! 

The clock hanging desolately on the wall ticks so strangely. It sometimes disturbs me when I read. Immediately I get out of bed, open my PC and start writing to reminiscence the year 2012. It’s like I’m on the threshold of life since I have just 2 days left now to welcome the New Year 2013. My thoughts ramming faster, ferociously it conquers the strange ticking sound of the clock. I smile in victory :). 

The year 2012 has been glorious for my career. I finished my probation period and became a regular civil servant. This means I get entitled to all the benefits starting from training opportunities to salary increments to paid holidays. Voila! I got to travel overseas not once but twice in a year and got to explore places which I love the most. 
I could afford a little place of my own, a place where I call home. A place where I can come to after work, change and relax or sometimes doze off all together till the wee hours of the morning.
That’s the pleasure of living all by yourself. I have always wanted to do that and finally I have achieved it, Yay!   
And most importantly, I have been able to make new blog friends through this space and I have been able to communicate with them as well. That is another achievement in itself. Life indeed is wonderful when the ball is in our court. I thank the Almighty God for it. 

Unlike last year I will not be making any New Year resolution ‘cause I suck at resolutions :(. So I think I will go with the flow. How about you lovely readers? Any New Year resolutions up your sleeve? I wish you all the best for it.

All in all, I had a great year 2012 and I hope and pray for the same in 2013 and this is the last post for 2012 as well. So here is wishing you all a Happy New Year 2013 and have a prosperous, blessed and a great year ahead!  
Such a thoughtful Christmas & New Year Gift from a Senior colleague in office :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Hey,

    I can relate all to well to the beginning of your post! Ahhh! lol. Congrads on the job! It sounds amazing and happy for your success. Have a happy new year!

    Sabrina

    P.S. My new years resolution is too stop eating so much bread lol. Errr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year. I too don't have any new year resolutions. :D The year has been definitely a great one for you. Wishing you even a greater and happier year, 2013.

    Langa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sabrina, good luck with you resolution :)

    Langa, lets go with the flow as i said earlier.

    Happy New Year to you guys!

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say on the post that you just read?

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...