Monday, May 11, 2015

Life lately #2



No matter where I am, this little space of mine on the internet is the only space I believe that I truly belong to. I can be who I am and write about what and how I feel. I feel at my best when I'm here, writing. 

I have been suggested often that I should write on topical issues, on gender and women empowerment. But I avoid to write on it for certain reasons. Therefore, this place is a happy place of mine where I mostly write on personal musings. 
Since this space has been abandoned for a little over a month now I thought I will update you on my life lately. So I have been;

Listening to: Love me like you do by Ellie Goulding from the movie Fifty Shades of Grey. I just didn't like the endings in both the movie and the book. I know this is a wrong remark since it's a trilogy. Anastasia’s role was executed perfectly in the movie but somehow I feel that the role of Christian Grey was not given justice. Atif Aslam’s Jeena Jeena and a lot of classics have been on my playlist lately. 

Watching: The Best of Me, based on the book by Nicholas Spark. I cried my eyes out and at one moment of time, I thought I was choking. It has left me so heartbroken. I knew this would come, that’s why I avoided the movie for the longest time. Spoiler’s Alert - be prepared to shed gallons of tears if you plan on seeing the movie. Nicholas Spark never fails to mesmerize me. His books are the best when adapted into movies. 

Reading: On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King. It’s a memoir of the author’s experiences as a writer. I recommend the book to those who plans to write a book. It will serve you as your guide. I’m also reading The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald and Dance Dance Dance by Haruki Murakami. 

Thinking about: The tragedy in Nepal and its aftermath. I pray that the people of Nepal find comfort and the strength to recover soon. And pray for those lost souls and their families. 

Loving: The gloomy weather. It seems like we will not see the summer weather since it’s still gloomy and sometimes cold. But I’m not complaining. Though it’s gloomy the weather has been warm and perfect for a little stroll towards the evening. I did a massive spring cleaning at home over the weekends. So I’m ready to welcome the summer anytime soon.

So my blog buddies, what have you been up to lately? I missed this space and the little conversations we used to have. I'm sure we can continue from where we last left. In fact, I never left. Have a lovely week ahead.

post signature

11 comments:

  1. My life has been busy too lately and most weekends were spent with reading and family gathering. Same here, weather is either hot or raining. 365 days of summer ^^

    Please write more la dear! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 365 days of summer? Haha, sounds so much fun :)

      Can't wait for the 23rd, so excited here. Finally, its happening.

      xD

      Delete
  2. My life recently was really consumed by my work...<3 <3
    Thanks for sharing with us :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been the same with me Rupa dear. Despite my busy work schedule, I took time to enjoy doing these things which I love. You should not let your life be too consumed with work, which I used to do actually. :(

      I hope you take some time off work and have fun. And yes, this is the first comment you dropped here. I'm honored. Thank you :)

      Delete
  3. Nice to see you update here, madam. I too read that book by Stephen King. A real honest and to-the-point guide out of true experience as a writer for writers. I came to Thimphu a couple of days ago from college. A huge change of climate and weather. Hot and dry down there in India. It's still cold here and there is rainfall, and if not, it's gloomy like you mentioned. Quite a sleepy weather. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome home Langa Sir and congratulations on passing law school.

      I can understand the weather here in Thimphu, have been a total brat :P.
      Glad to know that you read On writing, totally agree with you.
      And yeah as for Fifty Shades of Grey, its a total crap, thats why I didn't go for the trilogy. I just love the song from the movie. :)

      See you around.

      Delete
    2. Thank you. Haha. Same with me, Rekha madam. I like that song. And that movie, yes, is a real real crap. I was wondering if I was the only one who found it such a bad movie. Same pinch. lol
      Good day.

      See you around.

      Delete
  4. And to talk about the movie Fifty Shades of Grey, I watched it though I didn't read the book. I didn't know the movie is a trilogy. I found that movie a real crap. I saw nothing in it. May be it's a matter of taste.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel good when I read your posts - thank you for writing, Rekha!
    I agree how Christian Grey's emotions have been downplayed in the movie; I like the book a lot better!!
    I am yet to watch Best of Me - must keep in handy a bunch of tissues when I do :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sweta dear. It means alot to me when my posts makes you feel good. I miss your writing as well. Its time you make a comeback, now that you're done with school?
      You're home for good, I suppose. Or are you still travelling? I can see a lot of travel updates on your IG, so was wondering. If you are in Thimphu, ping me. Have always wanted to see you in person.

      I'm sure you must have seen Best of Me already, don't tell me that it left you heartbroken as well. :)

      xx

      Delete
    2. Will be home soon. I would love to meet you; shall let you know!

      Delete

What do you have to say on the post that you just read?

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...