Monday, April 7, 2014

The blog's 3rd birthday


So here I am. On the blog. On its 3rd birthday. 

Though its Monday blues, today I feel extra happy. Not because it’s my birthday, but because it’s the blog’s 3rd birthday. Yay! People come and go, teach me lessons and I learn from them. Memories remain sometimes, other times it completely gets washed off. It reminds me of Shakespeare’s words “we are such stuffs as dreams are made of and our little life is rounded with a sleep.” 

Everything is fleeting. But not words.
Writing is therapeutic. It does something to me. It steps on my heart and makes me cry. After which I feel like I have emerged a winner like a phoenix from the ashes. 

I’m in love with words. So in love with words that sometimes it brings orgasm in me. I am eternally amazed how the same word could be so ugly and so glorious, and its stories so damning and brilliant given its context. I am haunted by WORDS. 
The first blog post was surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship with words. 

Sometimes, you put your heart and soul in writing a post and when you hit the ‘publish’ button, no one reads. There is no single view which is so disheartening. Just a comment overwhelms you. It means that your time and work is appreciated. I’m sure all the bloggers can relate to me on this. 

This blog wouldn’t have come thus far had it not been for the readers like you. You’ve stayed with me through my highs and lows in life. You have seen me weep and laugh through my writings. You have listened to all my ramblings. Three years is a long time. So thank you all lovely readers for being on this journey with me. It means a lot to me. 

This morning when I opened my email, I got this exceptionally inspiring article 50 things to let go of before your next birthday from the many subscriptions I subscribe to and I’m overly glad that this helped me kick start my Monday on a joyous note. 

For a nostalgic person like me, one of the most difficult things for me is to “let go.” But this article has given me the strength to my challenges that I’m currently facing and I hope that this will help you too. I printed it to read later and understand its in-depth meaning when I have more time. Have a great week ahead!

post signature

14 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary. I join you to celebrate yet another fulfilling celebration. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for joining me in this celebration of mine Dumcho.

      Delete
  2. I make sure to read your blog. I am in love with your WORDS. Interesting it gives your orgasm. :P Happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super glad that I have an ardent reader in you :). Thank you so much. It means a lot.

      Delete
  3. Happy anniversary to your blog. I am also interesting moments going through your blog as much as you enjoy blogging. Keep going. All the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherab! Its amazing that we could intertwine both as a blogger and as a reader.

      Delete
  4. Happy 3rd Birthday to your blog Rekha! Keep making love with words and create a wonderful post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rima for being the constant support. You're a gem.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations for being able to celebrate 3rd Birthday of your blog. As always keep writing and keep inspiring us. And Happy Birthday to your blog..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks alot Monu. It means a lot for me to come this far in blogging and get inspiration from you all. Keep up your writing spirit too and yeah I hope to read your book, autographed by you exclusively for me :).

      Delete
  6. Happy blog anniversary!!! I agree with you, that words are powerful and when you spin them even just a bit, the meaning can change a lot. I think that's also what makes me stick with blogging, even though I'm not the best writer out there haha. Awesome article there, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zia thank you so much for the constant support. It means alot, much appreciated. We shall go a long way in blogging. I love your weekly wishes post. Keep blogging and inspiring.

      Delete
  7. Happy anniversary! Keep blogging and inspiring us.

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say on the post that you just read?

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...