Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Things I wish I had known when I started blogging


Blogging is one of the best things I had ever done. In these two years and nine months of blogging I have learned so much and still continuing to do so. This blog is my happy place, a place to escape from the sometimes hard realities in life, a place to nurture my passion for reading and writing. 

It’s the outlet for the creative juice to flow, to share on life’s little sorrows and happiness, a place where I can be myself and most of all feel connected.
I wish I had known these things when I started blogging. Nevertheless, it’s never late. I’m no expert on these things yet I would like to share what I’ve learned about the aspects of blogging here today. 

# Photography: Picture speaks louder and aesthetically. Seriously I find a blog post too cumbersome to read if there are words only and no pictures. Adding an image to the post never harms instead it brings a new facet to the post. And yes make your image as large as possible. 

# Disable your CAPTCHA : This simply turns off your readers from commenting. Lots of verifications to be done. Sometimes I can’t leave a comment because I‘m not able to see the gibberish codes clearly and just to save my time, I rather not comment. Read this post to understand it fairly. 

# Clean Background: I can totally understand that neon orange is your favorite color. But does that mean that you have to keep your blog’s background the same color? It would only mean one thing, to strain your eyes to read. I wouldn’t like to read some dark post which would hurt my eyes, therefore, no matter how good the content is I’ll simply skip that post. Thus, clean white background with black letters is the best deal. 

# About Me Page: When I read a blog and I feel it worth my time, I immediately hover to the ‘about me page,’ to know the person exactly behind the blog. This tells the readers a lot about your blog. So it’s very important to build your about page and yes update it as well. I realized this quite recently and I’ve done it immediately after realizing its importance. 

# Staying inspired: Finally the most important component in the blogging world is to stay inspired. After a while we run out of post ideas and that’s the dead end of the blogging world. This is so true for me. Looking for ideas by reading other blogs is important (CAUTION: No plagiarism BUT of course credit wherever possible). So a blogger means an avid reader too. This would keep us on our toes for fresh ideas, news and updates etc. So reading means staying inspired. 

Hope this would be of some help to newbie bloggers. Happy Blogging. 

post signature

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you specially the clean background part. some colors are hurtful for the readers eyes. I guess all other bloggers should read this post. keep posting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawa for agreeing with me. :). Blogger should be mindful about the readers.

      Delete
  2. Hello there,
    I agree with the photograph part. Make your picture as big as possible. There is no fun in squinting and trying to enlarge with your eyes to see the picture :D

    Good to see you again :D
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally with you. :)

      Good to see me again? I have been here all this while...where did you disappea after the 100 things series? :P

      Delete

What do you have to say on the post that you just read?

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...