Saturday, March 2, 2013

30 before 30



I’ve been working on this and finally I’m done with my 30 before 30 lists. I’m trying out or rather planning on to do 30 things before I hit 30. I have exactly 4 years and seven months to complete the lists below:

1.  Study abroad
2.  Read 200 books (I have started with Aleph by Paulo Coelho)
3.  Try bungee jumping
4.  Go on a writing retreat
5.  Visit a leprosy hospital
6.  Visit a inmate in a prison
7.  Write a handwritten letter to a long lost friend and send it through post
8.  Join a yoga class
9.  Learn photography
10. See the cherry blossom in Japan
11. Trek to the nearest mountain in Thimphu
12. Ensure my life savings (I haven’t done that yet :/)
13. Join a book club
14. Volunteer for a good cause
15. Visit a water kingdom  
16. Master the art of making pancakes
17. Watch My girlfriend is a Gumiho (a Korean drama all over again)
18. Learn to ride a bicycle
19. Host a tea party
20. Be someone’s mentor
21. Visit a red light District
22. Watch sun-set everyday exactly at the same time for a week
23. Go on a road trip
24. Go to an amusement park
25. Visit a fish spa
26. Learn to become a morning person
27. Take a train ride across India
28. Send a message in a bottle
29. Gift an infinity ring to someone special
30. Sleep under the stars on a balmy night

I plan to achieve these goals at 30. Have you had a list yet or planning to make one? Share it with me, I would love to listen to yours.

Well, February had been a very stressful month for me, though it is the shortest month of the year, I felt it was the longest.:(. Now its March and finally with the warmth in the air since its spring, I hope to have a wonderful and a blessed month and I wish the same for you.

4 comments:

  1. All the best with achieving 30 things before you turn 30, Rekha. An interesting list and I found some entries intriguing. :D You have more than enough time as far as I can see. :)
    Well, in my case, I can't think of anything else than completing my course first. I have an ambitious dream to write a long work (whatever you may call it). :) But I know it is a remote dream. So, fingers crossed for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Langa for your good wishes, I need it hehe and I hope I will be able to complete my list :)
    I hope you fulfill your ambitious dream, good luck for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. um...havent you considered getting married before 30 :D ? m pretty sure that you will achieve all of the above except for one.. bungee jumping!!! >.< ..still then all the best of luck to you..

    ReplyDelete
  4. No......i want to do the bungee jumping only and pee on my pants lol...

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say on the post that you just read?

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...