Sunday, December 28, 2014

Friendship

Three days and it will be 2015. Today is the last weekend of the year 2014 and the last post for the year. Nostalgic? Certainly I am. 
And a little excited as well because I’m looking forward to the next year. I’m hopeful that 2015 would be even better. 

On a lighter note, this post is not about my ramblings which I normally do. This post is  dedicated to my two friends. It’s about a tradition we have. It’s about the lives we have had thus far. It’s about my two girlfriends, Dechen Wangmo and Pema Choki. It’s about our friendship. 

As adults it’s so difficult to make friends. I’m sure everybody agree to this. It’s even more difficult to make friends when you are an introvert. Every individual is different. We have our own priorities, tastes and preferences in life. And especially for me, if it doesn’t click, I immediately step back and withhold my friendship with that person. Because friendship for me is everlasting. For a lifetime.

But. But I’m glad that I have these two lovely ladies whom we run to each other whenever we suffer heart break from our love interest and from the husbands. These two women are the ones I run to and cry on their shoulders like a baby. In happiness and in sorrows, in good days and in stormy weather, we have been there together. The warmth of each others' shoulders are forever meant to be there. 

with Pema
with Dechen
Pema and I have known and been together since undergraduate days. We were roommates in our freshman year in college. And even in PG days we became roommates. 9 years is a long time to have known each other. And our friendship has become like old wine, the older it gets, better it becomes. 

Pema and I met Dechen during our PG days, as roommates again. A heart of a gold she has. With twinkling eyes, she is a sexy momma to a year old toddler and is always full of enthusiasm and positivity towards life. A fitness and health enthusiast, she is creative and inspiring. You can follow her on instagram to get some dose of inspiration and creativity. 

Apart from the regular catch ups, we have this tradition of meeting for a brunch before the year ends every year. Thus, this tradition happened last weekend. We met up, hunted for some warm and cozy coffee shops and spent hours catching up on each other's lives.

My life has been the same and boring like last year and the years before. But these two women have moved so far in life already. They have tied their knots, had a baby and juggles life between work and home and family. And me? The coward me? I have remained where they left me. Nonetheless, I hope to gather some inspiration and the strength from these bold women, take some lessons and follow their footsteps in 2015. Bless me, O Lord. 

I thank you for your part in my journey. Friends indeed are the sunshine of life. Thank you for being my sunshine, Pema and Dechen. I'm incredibly lucky to have you ladies in my life.

As the year comes to an end, I would also like to thank my dear readers for being with me throughout the year. Reading my ramblings and sometimes leaving a comment inspired me a lot to keep blogging thus far. And I hope you will be with me in the years to come. I wish you a marvelous and a blessed year ahead. See you in 2015.
post signature

12 comments:

  1. Hope 2015 will bring much hope and aspiration to what you wish for~ Tashi Delek and hope you will begin your journey from where your two dear friends left.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you la Sangay. I hope to begin my journey from where my friends left me haha.
    Wish you a great year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to read ur article and happy new yr-2015 la. bibi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year Sancha, wish you a fantastic year ahead.

      Delete
  4. Happy new year and best of luck to following their footsteps, follow fast or you will be too late..:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year Tshewang, wish you a blessed and a great ahead. And yeah I need to pull up my socks now or else it will be too late :)

      Delete
  5. This is one of the coolest articles I have read from you this year. Hope you'll bring more of such articles in following years to come. So all the best of luck in whatever endeavour you take up in coming year of 2015.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sherab for being with me constantly on this space. Means alot to my blogging journey. Happy New year and keep writing and inspiring us.

      Delete
  6. As always thoroughly enjoyed your post :) I wish you happiness for all time to come. May 2015 bring in endless success and prosperity. Have a wonderful year ahead aue :) Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lekey. happy new year to you. Wish you a wonderful year ahead.

      Delete
  7. Although very late to comment on this blog, let me say this, I will always be with you in the years to come.
    I missed my friend with whom I have departed since 2012. It is true that friendship grows stronger with years and it just grows.
    I also wanted to let you know that everyone lives a life different from each other. Wouldn't it be boring if everyone liked a flavoured ice-cream. Don't worry you are doing great job :)
    Nice to be back :)
    MuaHHhhhh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it would be boring if everyone liked the same flavour ice cream.
      Thank you so much for being with me always. Hope to see you soon and the little one. Happy new year yeshi. May all the good things be upon you.

      Delete

What do you have to say on the post that you just read?

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...